|Monday, February 27th, 2017|
eTrueSports Top All Time George Steinbrenner Quotes
Jul 15, 2010
Editor's Note - Though I didn't know George Steinbrenner, I liked him. Seventeen years ago The Wit and Wisdom of George Steinbrenner was published by Signet/New American Library. I wrote it
George wasn't very happy with the book. He probably wouldn't be very happy with our Top Eleven List either.
eTrueSports' Top Eleven George Steinbrenner Quotes
11. "Some guys lead through genuine respect. I'm not that kind of leader."
10. "I wasn't any good at baseball, I never played it."
9. "I pay the bills around here, I'll say whatever I want."
8. "You will never make it in this league" (to Ron Guidry)
7. "I sold my egg company to my sisters for three times what it was worth. They've never liked me since."
6. "I've never read such irresponsible crap." (on reports about Don Mattingly's career-ending back injury)
7. "Well, he wasn't perfect but he did have some good things to say." (on Attila the Hun)
6. "There has to be a heavy in everything. This country didn't get to where it is without a lot of heavies."
5. "There's nothing more American than Mickey Mouse, Billy Martin, George Steinbrenner and Goofy."
4. "I don't think anyone should be suspended [from baseball] for life for anything other than murder."
3. "We needed a left-handed pitcher and we got one." (on acquisition of right-handed pitcher Pat Dobson)
2. "I could sing better than him." (on songwriter Stephen Sondheim)
1. "Sometimes - as much as I don't want to - I have to inflict pain. But I also inflict joy."
No responses for this article
Heard any good rumors?
Most Popular Stories