Recently, more and more people are beginning to show a tendency to gambling (which in Greek means “I play” + “passion”) – a form of addiction caused by any game. However, the more variants of this very game, the more variations of ludomania exist.
Moreover, they have not only their specific incentives but also some different behavioral manifestations. This article will consider one of the classic forms of gambling addiction – addiction to gambling (casinos and slot machines).
This type of gambling has been around for a long time. Many researchers associate its appearance with the appearance of gambling itself.
At the moment, there are entire cities in the world, the economy of which is completely dependent on the gambling business.
An interesting fact, but in many institutions in these cities, it is forbidden to let the local population through. Since it is believed that in case of addiction to the game, they will perform their duties as service personnel poorly.
Even though this dependence is associated with a form of behavior, all its signs are very similar to chemical dependence. Consequently, its eradication leads to difficult sensations and experiences.
The topic received the greatest relevance in the context of economic upheavals. So, a certain impoverishment of the bulk of people always causes a surge of desires to get rich in an alternative way to ordinary work.
Alluring, bright, and attractive casinos and slot machines are a kind of “island of hope,” but they also cause pathological addictions.
Signs of Addiction:
- Constant involvement in the game, casinos, and slot machines become an “obsessive hobby.”
- Changing the circle of interests and communication, crowding out former motives and interests; leaving old acquaintances who speak badly about gambling and do not borrow money for them.
- Loss of control both over the time spent and control in the case of money (and both in the case of winning and losing).
- An increase in the degree of risk (ready to pawn the “last shirt”).
- Feeling of discomfort in the absence of a game, mental elaboration of combinations.
- A rapid decline in resistance to such temptation and drive.
It is worth noting that gambling is a form of addiction akin to alcohol or drugs. Only a kind of stimulus is not a foreign substance but its own “hormone of joy” – endorphin, which causes euphoria and addiction on an emotional level.
A person is not able to cope with the problem on his own. And only after a suicide attempt or under the threat of serious debt problems begins to cooperate with a psychologist or psychotherapist. Undoubtedly.
Working with such patients is complicated by the fact that gambling is, in fact, a problem that has been built on top of the main problem.
Remember that excessive gambling can lead to negative consequences. However, if you know how to control yourself and you don’t have any addiction, then you can find a large number of different entertainments on the casino Bizzo platform.