The WhatsApp application has many users globally and is extremely popular. According to BankMyCell’s estimate, this instant messaging application has 2.7 billion monthly active users, which is 15% more than in 2022. WhatsApp’s popularity is due to the fact that it has a large number of features and is constantly getting new ones, while at the same time, it fits perfectly into communication on various platforms. Furthermore, the popularity of this service owned by tech conglomerate Meta has grown when users in some very populated parts of the world, such as India and Brazil, put an extension of the app called WhatsApp Pay into wide wield, especially for gambling, by which casino sites that accept Neosurf and other digital payments methods got a huge competition in the form of WhatsApp Pay casinos.
Despite all the above, WhatsApp has some features that can bother users. It’s about the ability to delete messages that are available to everyone, so you can delete complete conversations that you consider important.
Luckily, there’s an app you can use to regain access to deleted message content called WAMR.
WhatsApp: Deleted Content
The ability to delete messages is very practical for users who often make mistakes in writing or in situations where a message is sent to another contact by mistake. It doesn’t even have to be about these situations.
Every WhatsApp user can instantly delete messages, which can be done within 15 minutes of initial sending. If you exchange messages in a group, you have the option of “Deleting for everyone” within two days of the initial sending.
An additional option when deleting messages is the “Disappearing Messages” menu, which can be found when you click on the profile of the user with whom you are exchanging messages. You have the option of setting automatic deletion of messages after 24 hours, 7 days, or 90 days.
Each participant in the exchange of messages on WhatsApp has these options, so it is very easy to delete messages. This is exactly where the WAMR application comes into play, with which you can recover deleted messages and be able to read them again.
How Does the WAMR App Work?
At the beginning, it should be noted that the WAMR application only works on Android devices, so users using iOS can’t use it. It should also be said that this app will request access to your notifications to work properly. WAMR isn’t an app that is officially affiliated with the WhatsApp app so it’s recommended that you pay attention to the potentially important data that it will gain access to, but it can be said that it’s a legitimate app as it has been downloaded by more than 50 million users. WAMR can be downloaded only from the Play Store.
All messages you send on WhatsApp have so-called end-to-end encryption so there’s no real way to recover them once they’re deleted. The WAMR app is a workaround for this, so it will track your notification history and use it to restore the contents of deleted messages.
Tests have shown that the application works perfectly. It’s compatible with WhatsApp Business users and users of other messaging and content applications such as Instagram or Telegram.
How to Set Up WAMR?
To set up WAMR and be able to read deleted messages from WhatsApp, you need to download the application from the web location given above and follow the further steps.
The procedure is as follows:
- Open WAMR after downloading it. Accept notifications on the home screen using the “Accept” button.
- It’s also necessary to accept the WAMR app’s access to your phone’s notifications. You’ll be redirected to a section within the phone settings where you need to do this.
- After you finally click on the arrow button in the lower right corner, you’ll be redirected to a new screen. There you have to tick the box next to WhatsApp (or other applications if desired) to enable the recovery of deleted messages. Once you’re done making your selection, click the arrow button in the lower right corner again.
- An optional option is to now give the WAMR application the ability to recover the media files below. If you choose to do this, WAMR has access to your media folder on the device. WAMR also can save posted statuses.
- This process is now complete and a wizard will appear to help you use the application, now listing some of its limitations. Go through the entire text, at the end mark this content with a checkmark and confirm that you have completed everything.
- WAMR will now log into your WhatsApp notifications and you will be able to see deleted messages within the “Notification history” tab. The second tab will include deleted media content, and the third will allow you to download statuses.
What Kind of Deleted Messages Will You Be Able to See Thanks to WAMR?
Since WAMR relies on the notification history to retrieve the contents of deleted messages, you’ll be able to see deleted messages that have been received since the installation of the application itself. Therefore, all messages that were received and deleted before installation won’t be able to be recovered.
It’s also necessary to pay attention to the fact that deleted messages from users whose status you have changed and are blocked or you have set so that you do not receive notifications for their messages won’t be saved.
With media content, make sure that the option of their automatic download is enabled. Otherwise, WAMR media file recovery won’t work well.
Users who want to control the exchange of messages and conversations within the WhatsApp application or who believe that there are conversations there that are extremely important will certainly want to store these contents.
WhatsApp allows various ways of deleting messages for any participant in the conversation, so this fact doesn’t favor the possibility of saving messages, especially because their exchange involves end-to-end encryption. This gap is filled by the WAMR application, which represents a bypass with which you can save all messages, media content, and statuses exchanged within the WhatsApp application.